"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world all the love in your heart..." -Carole King

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Quick Craft

My sister told me about creating a new candle out of other old candles.  I made this one in about 15 minutes.






I separated each color of wax first.  I put the first color in a cleaned out aluminum can.  I boiled a little water on the stove and put the can inside (double boiler).

Next, I poured the wax into a jar.  Once it set up a little bit I placed half of an old candlestick in the wax to use as a wick.

I waited until the first color was set up and melted the next color.  Then, I poured it in and repeated one last time.

I like it and it was quick simple crafting fun!



The DIY Dreamer
Ladybird LnThe 36th AVENUE
 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad that you like it. I'm going to make a couple for Mother's Day!


      Liz

      Delete
  2. You blog is adorable! Newest follower here via the blog hop and I was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by my neck o' the woods and like me back (if you like what you read!)

    Have a great weekend!
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete